A design-build project by Erdman - designer of the Cleveland Clinic (Strongsville, Ohio), Lee Memorial Surgical Center (Fort Myers, Florida), and University of Florida and Shands Surgical Center
(Gainesville, Florida) - GulfCoast Surgery Center is a modern outpatient surgical facility in Sarasota, Florida. Established in 2003 GulfCoast Surgery
Center covers 17,179 square/feet. It houses five operating rooms, each 400 square/feet and are as large as the ORs found in many hospitals.
The mission of GulfCoast Surgery Center is to provide the highest quality outpatient surgical care to the community in a timely, safe, friendly, and cost-effective manner. It's our pledge to
achieve the following goals:
- Delivering and maintaining the highest quality medical care to its patients while staying mindful of the cost and quality of supplies, equipment, and staff.
- Developing policies and procedures that will result in accreditation by regulatory agencies.
- Assuring the hiring and training of competent personnel through credentialing and orientation processes, striving for stable and long term relationships with employees and outside contract
- Evaluating methods to improve services offered to the community.
- Acknowledging its fiscal responsibility of controlling costs.
- Providing for the safety and welfare of patients and staff in a pleasant environment.
- Approving all professional consulting and service contracts.
- Appointing and re-appointing medical staff based on credentials review.
- Monitoring the results of the Quality Improvement Program, reviewing complete minutes of committee meetings and ensuring complete and accurate patient surgery and personnel records.
- Assuring that the Center is integrated into the medical community.
- Encouraging the staff to take part in appropriate continuing education.
- Ensuring that rights and privileges of patients are always observed.